Baby and child sleep consultancy
A friendly, professional and individual approach delivering gentle sleep solutions.
My name is Hend Fares. I am the founder of The Nurtured Child Ltd.
After teaching then working as a private nanny for over 15 years, specialising in early years education and becoming a sleep consultant, I have came across different sleep issues in babies and children which left their parents sleep deprived, exhausted and not knowing what to do. My experience had taught me that in order to understand the sleep issue, only a holistic and personalised approach could be used. I believe that every child is different and so are their families. Trying to resolve a baby or a child’s sleep issue would mean observing, studying their behaviour and trying to understand their personalities as well as their family as a whole. I work together with the parents to understand, then to find a long term solution which will benefit every member of the family.
I do not believe in controlled crying for young babies, nor am I in favor of inflexibly strict routines. These methods may work well for some people, but they are often very stressful, both to the child and the parent, and it may ignore or fail to identify the root cause of the issue.
I help parents to read their baby’s cues and non-verbal communication. Then, I develop a sleep plan that recognises each child’s specific needs and natural patterns.
Depending on your requirements, I will then either
(1) provide you with your bespoke plan, and the advice and support needed for you to successfully follow it; or
(2) I can do all the hard work for you, staying overnight to care for your baby. I put the new routine in place, whilst you catch up on some uninterrupted rest and recover from your own sleep debt. Then, once your baby has adjusted and is sleeping well throughout the night, I coach you through the new routine, leaving you confident to carry on.
My approach aims to achieve the following goals:
- Create an achievable and adaptable bedtime routine that you and your child can rely upon and enjoy.
- Help make nap times relaxed and predictable
- Provide you with a sleep plan specific to the individual needs of you, your child and your family as a whole – not a cut and paste template in sight.
- Develop a ‘what comes next’ guide to the future, in line with your child’s personality and likely development.
- Give friendly support, along with the training and the confidence to achieve a good night’s sleep for everyone.